Wednesday, August 4, 2010

For Kicks?

I went for a movie last night. I don't usually watch movies on weekdays, but I was on leave yesterday and woke up late so I didn't really mind sleeping late.

It was a Tamil movie, Thilalangkadi (I still don't know what it means because Bala doesn't know the meaning as well). 10 of us went for the movie but I think only 2 of us stayed awake for the whole movie. I am rather proud to say that I am one of the 2.

I went for the movie for 2 reasons:
1. The hero is Jeyam Ravi - his movies so far have been quite OK, so I don't mind watching his movies (there are some actors whose movie I REFUSE to watch even if I am given a free ticket).
2. Those who have gone for the movie said that it was a good watch.

I can't stand the movie!!
It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't good either.
Mr. S said that he didn't even realize the time passing, but I felt that the movie was going on and on and all I wanted was for the movie to end.

There are some similarities between this movie and Santosh Subramaniam - in this movie he is acting crazy, and in Santosh Subramaniam, the heroine is the crazy one. And I don't like both the movies (although if you ask my parents, they would say that Santosh Subramaniam is a very nice movie).

Some parts of the movie was not bad, there was even a part or 2 where I laughed out loud (and you have to trust me on this one- I am not the kind who laughs out loud). My favourite part was when Prabu goes to the police station. But for the most part, I just found the acting irritating and the jokes lame. Like most Tamil movies, the plot is predictable and there are many unanswerable questions (like how did he manage to run away from 4 policemen whose guns are all directed right at him). Plus, if he is really such a nice person, how come he felt no regret when cars blew up (and I assume people got injured or died) because of him?

I didn't enjoy the songs as well - maybe I've grown too old and cannot enjoy the current generation songs anymore..*gasp*..have I become my parents?

I guess you could put it this way - go for the movie without expectations and you will like it. Just enjoy the jokes and (for those who can stand him [I can't]) Vadiveloo. There is no complex story line, just humor from the beginning till the end. But go there hoping to catch a great movie - you will be disappointed.

No comments: