Sunday, March 28, 2010

HELP!

I am SO confused.

Here I am - in my 4th posting going on to my 5th.
I am left with Surgical and A+E.
All my close friends are going to surgical, so obviously that is where I would want to go to.

Last Friday, I was told that I will be going to Anaesth with 14 others, none of whom I am really close with.
I was supposed to go to A+E, but since they are too full, half of us are going to be put in Anaesth.

Here's the thing.
If I go to Anaesth now and then surgical later, I would be alone, with no close friends. Since working with non-friends are no fun as what I am experiencing right now, I am tempted to try to change my next posting to surgical.

But then, I also would like to try on Anaesth. As I have mentioned before, I have actually considered going into Anaesth after I finish my housemanship, so this would be a good exposure. And I am afraid that if I let this chance pass me by, I won't get to know whether or not I really enjoy being in Anaesth. (Plus, as a good friend told me, I can make new friends)

However, missing A+E is also a loss. A+E is a whole different world. You see patient who are in need of urgent help, you learn how to treat acute patients, where every minute really makes a difference. (Patients are usually stabilized in the A+E before being sent to the wards)
If I go to Anaesth, then I would miss the A+E training.

So, now you see why I confused?
What should I do?
What would you do?

1 comment:

Ken Wooi said...

must be important for you.. but im sure you'll eventually think of a decision.. all the best =)