Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Name Is Khan

I do not have a favourite actor or actress.
However, there are some actors or actresses whose movies I would refuse to watch because I just can't stand their acting and there are times where I watch a particular movie because of who is acting.
The only reason I went to the cinema to watch My Name Is Khan is because of Shah Rukh Khan.
I have always liked his movies for two reasons - because he is a really good actor and because his movies are mostly feel good movies, with lots of jokes.
I was cheated.
The movie was not at all funny.
It is not a feel good movie.
In fact, it is a sad movie - S.U said she cried twice while watching the movie and would have cried a third time if only she had not been distracted with something else while Dhar said she cried continuously during the movie.
I LOVED the movie.
It is not at all what I expected it to be.
There were no stupid fighting scenes.
Everyone acted brilliantly.
Kajol looked LOVELY.
The story was beautiful.
The whole thing was very well done.
I wonder why it's not playing in TGV and GSC Ipoh - I watched it in the Lotus cinema.
I am not going to spoil the movie for you by telling you the story - you have to watch it for yourself.
What is the point of this whole post?
GO WATCH 'MY NAME IS KHAN'!
I will be watching it again, soon.

No comments: