Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Raya With A Difference

This year Raya is my first one as a working person.

For obvious reasons, the non-Malays did not take leave for Raya. It's not that we were told that we cannot take leave, it's just an understanding, and so we didn't.

I was oncall on Raya day.

It was quite a good call since I was doing maternity call.
You see, people generally want to celebrate raya with their family, so psychologically, they want to be healthy, and so this helps in keeping them healthy.
Psychology really does play a part in keeping people well.

I didn't have any admissions (cos all admissions went to the labor room) and all the patients were stable.
The best part, I went to 3 different open-houses.
1 in First Mat, 1 in High Risk Ward and 1 in 2/3 Mat.
Each had their own kuihs and lemang and rendang.
I really had a nice time since I am a HUGE fan of rendang.

We had lemang and kuih for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It was my first call that I did not feel hungry at all, since there was a constant supply of foodstuff.
I even had lemang and rendang for breakfast the next day!

Now that Raya is over, you can see the sudden influx of people.
Everyone seems to want to deliver, everyone seems to have some problem or the other.
A full labor room is not a good thing, especially since I am oncall there tomorrow.

Well, there is nothing left to say for now. I just hope I have a good call tomorrow.

Here's a mail that I received yesterday - I have received it before, but this is the first time that I am reading it and can actually connect it to my life.

When I Take a long time to finish,
I am slow,


When my boss takes a long time,
he is thorough

When I don't do it,
I am lazy,

When my boss does not do it,
he is busy,

When I do something without being told,
I am trying to be smart,

When my boss does the same,
he takes the initiative,

When I please my boss,
I am apple polishing,

When my boss pleases his boss,
he is cooperating,

When I make a mistake,
you're an idiot.

When my boss makes a mistake,
he's only human.

When I am out of the office,
I am wandering around.

When my boss is out of the office,
he's on business.

When I am on a day off sick,
I am always sick.

When my boss is a day off sick,
He must be very ill.

When I apply for leave,
I must be going for an interview

When my boss applies for leave,
it's because he's over worked

When I do good,
my boss never remembers,
When I do wrong,
he never forgets.

2 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

i never been to any open house this year.. =)

p/s: nice quotes.. haha.. =D

kenwooi.com

Jessen said...

I have few colleagues been working during Raya... Too bad there are not enough ppl to cover for them. Pity. But at least they got double pay :p