Wednesday, July 2, 2008

One From Lisbon

We are now in Lisbon, Portugal. We arrived here yesterday and will be here till the day after tomorrow. I saw the countdown on my main page yesterday and was excited..only 10 days to go!! I really can't wait go get home and have my nasi lemak and mamak mi and kfc and briyani and prawn sambal and crab curry and mutton...I am getting hungry (waiting for breakfast to start) already!! It's best if I stop thinking about food right now.

Traveling with parents is really very different from traveling with friends. The pace is slower and you see less things, but I tend to spend more. Usually, I have an 'account' on how much I spend each day. This time, I didn't even bother starting one, I just spent and spent whenever I want to. Of course I still don't buy the extremely expensive stuff, but I am a bit more willing to spend money on food compared to usual. During previous trips, I have always brought with me a bag alf filled with biscuits and maggi and chocolates to eat for lunch and sometimes even dinner..this time, they are just snacks.

It's quite fun actually traveling with parents. For the first time, I feel like the parents, and they are my 2 young children who tire easily and ask for food and water at regular intervals. My parents have never went on a holiday out of Malaysia before, and I enjoy seeing them enjoy the sceneries and churches and palaces. Although they are tired, they try their best to see at least a few sights everyday, and I try to take them to the sight I think is most interesting.

The only thing that is a bit 'irritating' about the trip is the heat. I never knew that Europe can be SO hot!! The sun shines up to 9pm each day and it is burning hot! There are no clouds and walking from place to place is quite a torture. It's even worse when the attraction is an outdoor place with no shade (Park Guell, Barcelona). I don't know how many litres of water we've drunk in the last 3 days..I keep buying and buying water and they finish in no time at all.

Breakfast has started, and I am going to stop for now. We are going out of Lisbon to Sintra today. I think we will be back quite late today. Just hope we manage to find the place easily. :P

No comments: