Monday, August 31, 2009

Great Minds Think Alike

A couple of days ago, a friend of mine, a Malay girl, and I went to KFC for lunch. She was not puasa-ing that day, so we thought of just eating in.

After we ordered, the cashier asked her if she was a Muslim.
She said yes.

He then proceeded to tell her that she cannot eat there and pointed to a letter that was pasted on the counter.

The letter is from the Perak government, presumably sent out to all food outlets, saying that the owner of the shop will be sued if they allow any Muslim to eat at their place.

I was quite shocked.
My friend, the poor girl, really felt bad.
We then proceeded to just tapau the food back.

I really don't get it.
Religion is something you embrace, you love, you willingly do.
How can you force someone to do something they don't want to?
I mean, you can, of course, but that is not what religion is all about, right?

What is the use of making someone pray if they don't have faith?

I really dont' have a problem with any religion.
Do whatever your religion says you should do, as long as you don't hurt another person.
But I still don't think that a person should be forced to do something they don't want to.

Religion is not to be followed, it is to be embraced (can't think of any other words to use).

____________________________________________________________

About a week ago....
Me : Hey, I bought new bedsheets yesterday. (yes, I have a thing for bedsheets)
Room-mate : Really? I bought new ones a couple of days ago as well.

Thursday, Roomie was oncall.
I changed the bedsheets.

Friday I was oncall.

When I got back home on Saturday, she had the same bedsheet I had on her bed.

Although I know that fools seldom differ, it is also said that great minds think alike.

No comments: