Thursday, July 23, 2009

Friends

It's been a week full of drama and gossip here in our Ortho department.
But I am not going to talk about that here.
It's an interesting story, but it is not sharable (does such a word exist?) on the net.

The past two days, I have been hanging out with my friends quite a lot. Just having lunch and chatting. It's nice to just lepak like that.

I do know, however, that I will never be close to them as I was with my friends in Russia.

In Moscow, we go to classes together, we come back together, we go shopping together, we go out makan together, we stay together.
We don't really have any other choice.
We don't have a home to go back to during weekends.
We don't have anyone else to turn to when we are in need of help.
It is hard NOT to get close.
Basically, we know almost everything about each other.

My friends (the ones I was really close to), know exactly what I like to eat and what I don't eat.
They even know what kind of dresses/tops I would like.
They know about my family and extended family.
They know all my bad habits (and frequently scold me when I do them).

We have talked for many hours, sometimes late into the night (or early into the morning).
We have watched countless movies together.
We have fallen asleep together - 5 people on 2 single beds.
We have shared cups and plates and swapped clothes.
We have shared secrets and many, many stories.

I miss them.
And I know they miss me too ('cos I know them damn well).
:P

Recently, I learnt that when a SSG (split skin graft) is done, slits are made on the 'donor-skin' for 2 reasons :
1 - so that whatever fluid (blood or serous fluid) doesn't get collected beneath the skin and will be able to seep out.
2 - so that the skin can be stretched

No comments: