Monday, July 20, 2009

Playing The Blame Game

I just don't get it.
Why is it SO hard for some people to just admit their mistakes?

I've done it myself.
Kept quiet, lied, to protect myself, to make sure that I wasn't the one to be punished or blamed.
But every time I do that, I feel bad.
I can still remember the times I did such things, although it was a small thing and it happened a long, long time ago.
Even though years have passed, each time I think about the times I have put the blame on another person, I feel ashamed of myself.
Guilt, is not at all a nice feeling.

So, I wonder, how people can do this everyday.
Put the blame on someone else.
Just pretend to not know anything, just keep quiet, just let another person be blamed for a mistake that was his/her fault.
Don't they have any conscience?

I guess this is what life is about; playing the blame game.
Sad, isn't it.

Would you like to be the one taking all the blame?
How would you feel if people blame you for something that is not your fault?

Have a heart.
Do the right thing.
Even if it means that you will be scolded, punished - at least you won't be burdened with guilt.
Unless of course you are so heartless and are unable to feel guilt - then I have nothing to say;do as you wish.

But this is what I believe - what you do to someone today, it will hit right back at you another day.

Today, I learnt that people will say and do anything to stay out of trouble.
At work, the most important thing is documentation.
Inform everything, write everything, make sure you do whatever it is you are supposed to (and WRITE IT DOWN!!).
At least, in the end, you will be able to say that you did your job right.
And when you are the one to be blamed - you have proof that it was not your fault.

No comments: