Thursday, March 6, 2008

Addicted

It's been some time since I last posted anything in my blog. It's not like I've not had the time or I was too lazy - I was just busy doing something else. And no, it's not studying. I have been busy reading Harry Potter. I wake up in the morning and I read Harry Potter before going for class. I come back from class and while I eat, I read Harry Potter. I surf the net, and while waiting for a page to load, I read Harry Potter. I read Harry Potter until I am sleepy at night. That is how bad the addiction is.

I would blame Von Yen. She passed me all 7 Harry Potter books last week (I think). I've read the first few books before, but then I thought, why not just read everything again? It's not like I have anything else better to do. And from that day onwards I have been stuck with the storybooks.

Actually, it's been really long since I've been so glued to a book like this. When I was younger, I used to avoid buying or borrowing storybooks because I know once I start reading it, I just can't put the book down (amazingly, this doesn't happen if it's a study-related book). When I started University life, I didn't get that many chances to read books, except during the holidays when I go back home, but then the have-to-finish-the-book-as-soon-as-possible feeling didn't seem to affect me anymore. I thought I've been cured of my addiction. Looks like I was wrong.

I am in book 5 now. I know I'm supposed to be studying, to be preparing for my interview (which is on the 17th *help!*), but I just can't stop myself. For those of you who have not read the books, I suggest you read them- it's not a kid's story, am pretty sure everyone will enjoy reading it.

I've thought it over, and I've come up with a plan on how to end my Harry Potter Mania. It is for me to finish reading the books as fast as possible (good plan, no?). After that I'm pretty sure life will get back to normal. And now, I'm going to put my plan into action. :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm... let's see..
i wonder who came to my room n asked me.."vonyen,how to find for books online?" and.. being such a nice fren, i help to even downloaded few Harry Potter books for this fren of mine..
now.. see,putting the blame on me for her addiction..*sob sob*
trust me ppl.. she is reli reli addicted to harry potter.. haha..