Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Saturday Down the Drain

I have class tomorrow (Saturday). I don't like having classes on Saturdays. No, let me rephrase that, I HATE having classes on Saturday.

Having to wake up early in the morning when everyone else have just gone to bed or about to go to bed (after playing poker, playing mahjong, playing computer games, watching movies or after a drinking session [did you notice there is no studying involved?]) is really not quiet fair, in my opinion. What's worse, there is a possibility that the class will end in the afternoon, which means that by the time I get back to the hostel it's about 3pm (if I come back straight without having lunch elsewhere). Reach hostel, cook, eat, maybe have an evening nap, and it's already night. That is NOT how a Saturday is supposed to be.

On Saturday, one is supposed to wake up well into the afternoon, cook an elaborate meal, eat (while reading a story book or watching a movie), have a chat with friends, watch a movie while eating junk food, and then sleep. Some opt to do weekly cleaning on Saturdays so that Sundays will be more relaxing. Some choose to bake on Saturdays. Some go shopping. Anything, as long as it doesn't involve studying and classes.

Arguably, whatever one does on a Saturday one can do on a Sunday as well. But it is not the same. Let's be truthful here, nobody enjoys Sundays as much as Saturdays. Sunday nights are always a little bit depressing because everyone starts thinking about the work or class they have the next day. That is why 2-day-weekends are necessary- the 1st day to rejuvenate yourself, and the 2nd to prepare for the week to come.

Well, I guess I have to settle for a short weekend this week (it's not like I've been given a choice). Thankfully, next week we start a new cycle (subject), during which I don't think we'll be having Saturday classes. Currently, I'm just hoping that the class tomorrow will end early, as in before 1pm.


p/s I guess I spoke too soon yesterday. It snowed today, and it snowed all day long. So much for an early spring this year. *sigh*


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay... i am the 1st
well,i totally agree tat it is horrible if u will hav to go for class or work on saturdays.
i love fridays n saturdays actually coz it means weekends.. or rather i jz love day-offs.. haha

-anonymous-