Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Am I Too Selfish?

When I first watched Grey's Anatomy, I didn't really like it. But now, due to the lack of things to do and things to watch, I have started to watch the series.

Day before yesterday, they aired an episode where there was a bomb scare in the hospital, in the operation theater, to be more specific. The bomb squad was called and everyone in that particular wing of the hospital was asked to evacuate. Most people did. However, there was a brain surgery taking place in another operation theater next to the one with the bomb and the surgeon there refused to leave, saying that if he left, his patient would die. That got me thinking, what would I do in such a situation? Would I be willing to sacrifice myself for the life of a stranger's? Would you?

I don't think I am selfless enough, at least for now. If I see people fighting, I go the opposite direction. Would I run in a burning house to save a kid? I don't think I would. Maybe I am just selfish. Obviously, I would hope that others would help me when I am in need. Why can't I do the same when others are in need?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

don think i will leave the patient lo...hmm...wat a noble me lol

vy said...

i think once u start working u wont leave the patient also...

CK said...

ahbeng, heroes die young, ok?
bwahahah

i'll defuse the bomb :) :) :)

Unknown said...

i'm no hero,js an idiot,hahaha!heroes never die,idiot die 1st :(

Anonymous said...

ah beng n vyen so sehati sejiwa 1? haha

Anonymous said...

wah..from taiwan also some pplgot time to blow some air of life into the old gossips..

Unknown said...

huh taiwan can online ah?met the MPs there?they havin holiday there like u also