Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rainbow After Rain

My last post was about a week ago.
In fact, I think it was maybe more than a week ago.

In the beginning, it was just a lack of idea to write.
Life is so monotonous, there was nothing interesting that I had to say.
I was getting bored of my own posts, just imagine how people who actually read it feel..

Then, it was the weekend - and if you have read my blog before, then you know that my weekends are the least productive time of all, so there was no entries then.

Then, it was my internet that gave me problems.
I have no idea what went wrong.
I could go online.
I could surf the net.
I can google ANYTHING.

But, I can't sign in anywhere.
And I mean anywhere that requires a username and password -hotmail, facebook, friendster, blogger,multiply - you name it.

I tried everything.
I cleaned up all the drives in my laptop.
I defragmented all the drives.
I scan-disked.
I did whatever I thought might help.
(I even accidentally deleted a document that I wasn't supposed to delete)

In desperation, I called my tech-support - Cheng.
He told me to change all my internet settings to default and try again.
It didnt' work.

In the end, yesterday, I took my laptop to the shop.
The guy at the shop said that I can only collect my laptop today because they close at 6pm, and it was going to be 6pm in 2 minutes (he actually told me 2 minutes, no joke).

Today, after work, I rushed to the shop.
Of course it had to rain at exactly 5pm.
It was not just a normal drizzle, it was a really, heavy, pouring rain.
I had to get wet to get to the shop, I had to get wet coming back from the shop.
Just my luck.

Now, I can go online.
I can sign in.
But then there is a catch.
I can only sign in if my internet is in GPRS mode and not 3G mode.
I can surf the net with 3G, but then can't sign in with it.

Weird.
I just can't figure it out.
What the hell is going on?
Is something wrong with my laptop or is something wrong with my internet?
ARGH!!!!

Still, at least something is better than nothing.
I guess I will just have to be satisfied with what I have now.
And hope the problem resolves by itself soon.

p/s Did anyone else in Ipoh notice the beautiful rainbow after the evening rain earlier?

2 comments:

CloudAtlas said...

there's always a beautiful rainbow in ipoh . I miss those days .
Just like the beautiful rainbows after a heavy rain , i believe that whatever hardship you are going through now will give you something to be happy & proud of later . your internet , ur blood-sucking jobs , marathons at the hospitals , you going thru all of it .......it's so " WOW " . i wonder wat will i b doing if i'm in ur shoes .

Starmandala said...

Love your profile pic, Sharini. You complain about finding life monotonous. Time to do something completely off the beaten track, my dear. Dust off those braincells and shake up that boring old routine! :-)

For a start, come visit my blog....