Monday, March 30, 2009

To Live Is To Suffer

Everyone has problems.

I think I mentioned this in one of my previous posts, but then it is so true, I can't help but say it again - if you want a life without problems, then you should not be alive at all, cos life is full of problems.

Indeed, one of Confucius's teaching is - to live is to suffer (at least that is what I remember).

So, happy suffering!

*end of post*








Nah, too depressing an ending, don't you think?

There are always 2 ways to look at things.
The bright side, and the not-so-bright side.

Unfortunately, we always tend to look at the darker side.

Why is it that we always compare ourselves to the more fortunate ones?
Human nature?
Competitiveness?
To improve ourselves?
Unsatisfaction?

I have my own set of problems.
-not enough intubations
-possibility of getting extended?
-putting on weight
-not enough pay
-not enough savings
-crazy laptop
-my eyes have been kind of blur the past few days. Am not sure whether or not it is related to the lack of sleep I have been having recently. :(
-lots of laundry to do
-have to adjust to new department if (hopefully) not extended
-crazy internet
-wrong job?
-will I ever be a good HO?
-how will I ever be an MO?
-unhealthy diet every day
-I think there are MOs out there who hate me
-I think I am incompetent as a doctor
-what am I going to do in the future?
-to specialize or not to specialize?
-no food for breakfast tomorrow

This list can go on and on.
Mostly are just minor stuff.
Some I constantly worry about.

But then, I know my problems are nothing compared to what other people face.

A mother who's child had just been diagnosed with cancer asked me the other day -how did her child get cancer?
How do I answer that question?

Do you know how many children are born ill everyday?
How many progress to be ill throughout their life?
It's not just the children who suffer, but their parents and siblings as well.

My problems are NOTHING compared to theirs.

I am not trying to preach.
But sometimes, I think that we should thank our lucky stars for what we have.
We can see, we can hear, we can speak.
That in itself is a miracle.

I am too lazy today (postcall), but someday, when I am more hardworking, I will give you statistics of children born with congenital problems, and you will be able to see for yourself how lucky you are to be born the way you are.

Here's another story you should read : Wonderful Life

Good night, everyone!!
Am turning in for the day.

1 comment:

hcvvorld of Travels, Lifestyle and Photography said...

a very good blog to open up the mind of most malaysians who are always on the negative attitude..they can't seem to appreciate what they're having at the moment and they just whine at whatever their problems...i think you're one of the rare malaysians here..glad to know that there're someone with positive thinking..

P.S Really sad about the child cancer thingy..hopefully research on stem cell could be speed up soon to produce cure on cancer.

thanx again