Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sleep Is Important!

Yesterday, I came back (after a super-early dinner) at about 7pm. I checked my mail, read whatever comments I have on my blog and decided to sleep for about an hour then wake up and bathe.

I slept and next thing I knew, I woke up at 11.30pm.
Being the pig lazy person I am, I decided that I should just continue sleeping since I will be bathing in a few hours anyway.

I had 11 hours of sleep yesterday.
I must say, it is really quite refreshing.
It has been quite a long time since I've had such a long sleep.
I am sure most of my friends would agree with me that sleep is a much needed thing nowadays.

The thing is, many people don't realize how important sleep is.
Do you know, without sleep one can only survive for about 5-7 days?
Without water, you die in 3-4 days, without food you die in about 50 days or so.
So, sleeping is more important than eating.

Conclusion : Sleep more, eat less.

Finally I have been posted to NICU.
It has been quite slow the past 2 days in the NICU.
I met my HOD for assessment again the other day - basically he wanted to see how we were getting along with our intubation.
Unfortunately for us, fortunately for the mother, most of the babies being born nowadays are healthy and do not require intubation.
The chances of me getting extended is increasing day by day...*sigh*

I am oncall again tomorrow. So far, I only have 2 calls this month, but then the time table has only come out for the 1st 2 weeks of this month. I think I will have more calls on the 2nd half of this month 'cos nowadays we have a minimum number of calls that we have to do (not sure 6 or 8 calls per month).

Well, that's the update of what is going on in my life right now.
Oh....One more thing; I had flamin' burger from KFC today - I think it is quite yummy (no, they are not paying me any money to promote it)!

Till the next post...happy sleeping everyone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I had enough sleep, for sure my weight was reduced without doing cardio.

Anonymous said...

totally AGREE !!! sleep is super important..:)