Monday, May 25, 2009

Higher Pay For The Fairer Sex?

I think this week will pass by very quickly.
Today I was in the short OT.
For some reason, I find that time passes by very fast when I am in the OT.

Tomorrow I have a passive call.

Wednesday will be my sleeping day.

Thursday I am oncall.

Friday I am going for a wedding rehearsal after work.

Saturday - my cousin brother is getting married.
And I am the bridesmaid!!
I don't really know what it is I am supposed to do - which is why I have to go for the wedding rehearsal.
I really hope I don't do something stupid like stepping on my saree or worse still - on the bride's saree.
What if I drop the bouquet?
I am quite well known for my clumsiness.
Hmm...

Sunday, I have a passive call again.

And my assessment is next week.
ARGH!!
I don't know anything about Ortho.
How am I going to get through the assessment?
I don't think I will have the time to study.
And even if I do have the time, where do I start?
What to study?
What will they expect me to know?
ARGH!!!!!
I HATE EXAMS!!

Anyway, it is going to be a busy week.
I don't know if I will be able to blog.
The thing is, nowadays, I seem to not have many things to blog about.
Certain things I want to talk about, but I don't think it is appropriate or advisable.
Hopefully my "blogger's block" won't last for long.

This week, I learnt that it is not cheap to be a girl. When a girl goes for a function/party, she has to wear a dress/skirt/whatever and has to think about what chain to wear, what earrings to put on, what to wear on the hands (bracelet, watch,bangles), what shoes to wear, what handbag to carry. AND they have to match.
Yes, I do know that it is not a must, but in general, that is what girls do.
I think employers should consider having a different pay scheme for girls and for guys. It is not that we WANT to spend more money, it's just that we HAVE TO!

2 comments:

yen said...

It is not that we WANT to spend more money, it's just that we HAVE TO!
wahhaa... quote of the day..:P

miss critical said...

ahahaha,,.... totally agreee!!!