Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Studying Or MobWar-ing?

If I were to reply someones mail or messages today, this is how it would begin..
"Hi there. How are you? Sorry for the late reply, my exams are on the 6th and 9th of June, and I've been busy MobWar-ing and TextTwirl-ing in Facebook".

Doens't make much sense, does it? But that is what it is like here in Kahovs. Everyone is (deep, down inside) worried about the exams, but then with just a few days to go, how much can one study? 4 subjects and millions of disease, would we be able to study it in 1 week or 1 month of even 1 year? I know I can't.

Now I understand why (Dr.) Cheng (senior) was so relaxed last year when all of us who were in the 5th year were busy mugging for our exams. I know how our juniors must be feeling right now, seeing us watching movies and eating together and going out almost everyday when they are losing sleep studying for their exams.

I am trying to study, from Wikipedia. Wikipedia is my best friend - it helped me during my SPA interview and I am hoping it will help me for my finals. It is impossible to study from eMedicine - one disease will need a few stressful hours!

As I said, I am trying to study. I am trying to study in between my MobWar fights, while my 'health' is trying to recover. For those of you who have never heard of MobWar - it is a game where you form a mob and fight with other mobs and earn money through completing jobs (robbery, drug dealing etc.) and progress to another level. Truthfully, I don't know what is interesting about it, but hey, anything can be interesting if you compare it with studying, right?

My MCQs are on Friday (yikes!) and the oral paper is on Monday (argh!!). I really hope I can get through the exams. I am worried, but I don't know what kind of preparation to do anymore. All I am depending on is luck. I am hoping for easy questions and nice examiners. I am praying that I can diagnose whatever case that I am going to get and will get good marks. Wish me luck guys (and gals)!!

___________________________________________________________________

My invitation letter problem..I called Olga twice yesterday - the first time she couldn't hear me and the 2nd time she told me that the letter will be ready by today. But a few hours later she called me, yes, she called, and told that unfortunately the letter will be ready only on Thursday. I think that was nice of her, to call me. I'll call her again tomorrow, and hopefully, the letter will be ready by then.


No comments: