Saturday, May 31, 2008

I HATE HER!

*may not be suitable for those under 18.

Right now I feel as if I have never hated someone as much as I hate Olga. Olga the stupid lady in the dekanat (dean's office) incharge of our invitation letters (refer to previous entry). Olga, the donkey who promised us that we would be able to get the invitation letters by the end of April. Olga the @&!* who makes us wait hours and hours before telling us to go back and come again another day.

Yesterday, she told us to go to the dekanat at 12pm today. We were there at 12, and she tells us to come back in one hour, at 2pm. (1pm-2pm is lunch hour - even if the world is going to come to an end, the dean's office people cannot be disturbed at that time). Maybe it was the look on our faces, but suddenly, she said, OK, come at 1pm. So, we waited. For one whole hour, we waited. At 1pm, that fucking lady refused to open the door. I have no idea whether or not she was in the room, but we were not buzzed in.

After lunch hour, we saw her, and she gave us a stack of invitation letters. My mother's one was there, my father's one was not. Remember me saying that waiting for the invitation letter was like waiting for exam results (previous post)? Well, getting only one of the two invitation letters is like getting 49 marks for the exam when the passing mark is 50. ARGH!!!! What did she have to say? Come back on Monday at 12 and it might be ready then.

All I wanted to do was shout at her. If I did, this is what I would have said : " You made me come at 12 today, and told me to wait till 1 and then refused to open the door till 2. And you are asking me to come back on Monday at 12, again. Are you going to make me wait again? Do you really think I have nothing else better to do with my life besides wait for you in the dekanat? Why don't you try coming to my hostel everyday and wait for 3-4 hours and go back empty handed? You told us to submit the documents in March/April. We did. My friends and I sent in the documents at the same time, and yet their invitation letters are ready, and mine are not. Why? What the hell have you been doing for 2 whole months? When did you actually submit the documents? We could have just done the invitation letter back home, yes, it is a bit more expensive, but at least we don't have to keep coming back to the dekanat every few days. "

But I couldn't say all that. Even if I had, she wouldn't have understood because this is f***ing Russia. They understand minimal English and telling her all those things would be like talking to a donkey, an animal that cannot understand you. All I could do was ask her a few more times whether she is sure that it will be ready at 12pm on Monday or is she going to make me wait again like today. I don't even know whether she understood that. She just kept repeating, Monday at 12, Monday at 12.

You may think I am making a mountain out of a molehill. Maybe she has her own reasons. Maybe there is nothing she can do about it. Maybe she had some work to do and so couldn't make it on time. Let me tell you this, this in NOT the first time she has made people wait. My friends have waited for up to 5 hours for this lady to come to the office. She was the one who told us to come at 12pm today. She was the one who said the invitation letters would be ready. I can just feel my blood pressure rising thinking about her. I dont' want to think about her anymore. I already have a headache as it is.

Today is the first time in my life that I feel the word 'asshole' is too sweet to describe a person. OLGA, I HATE YOU!!


6 comments:

Falcon said...

The word asshole is too sweet ouch!!

Anonymous said...

shit happens in life. don't let her spoil your day..wat goes around comes around..one day she will be treated the same way she treated us..anyway, wish you luck on monday! :)

miss critical said...

cheer up... gal... your parents will make it to your graduation... Have Faith.. ^_^

unigurl said...

ya.. dun let olga spoil ur day
u will definitely get ur letters.. no worries k..:)

Sharma D. Pillai said...

The name Olga already sounds evil enuf... Hehehehe...

Anyway, hope you get those invitation out soon.. By the way, where is my invite?

Sharini said...

Thanks Swee Hung, clichegal, unigurl, krazie fishie..i will know in a few hours whether the invitation letter is ready or not...

krazie fishie : ur invite? will u give me lots of ang pow if you come for my grad? :P