Monday, October 6, 2008

Handphone Woes

I just don't get it. My handphone and SIM card don't seem to get along with one another.

Here's the thing. I have been using this particular handphone and SIM card for more than two months now. I have not changed any settings related to the network; the only settings I changed was the ringtone. I have had no problems with my handphone until yesterday evening.

All of a sudden, my handphone could be used, or should I say my SIM card couldn't be used. Whenever I tried to make a call, the words 'no network coverage' appear. I switched my handphone off and on a few times, but nothing changed. I thought maybe it was because of the rain; maybe Maxis was having some kind of problem in my area.

Then, my friend came to my house. He is using Maxis. His handphone was working.
I tried my SIM card in his phone. I could use my SIM card.
I tried my SIM card in my handphone. I couldn't use it.
I tried his SIM card in my handphone. It was working perfectly.
I tried my SIM card in his handphone, again. It worked.
I tried my SIM card and my handphone. Guess what, it wasn't working!!

My friend called Maxis. Maxis said they have no line problems and my SIM card is active. They said that I might have changed some settings in my handphone. I DID NOT!! I don't know what to do anymore. I guess I have to visit the Maxis service centre. I won't be able to do it today. Tomorrow, maybe.

I feel so separated from the world. Can you imagine a life without your handphone? I never realized how dependent I've become to it. I find it such a hassle to keep walking to the house phone to answer a phone call. Lazy me..haha

I hope my SIM card and handphone will get over their differences and learn to get along with each other soon. I NEED MY HANDPHONE!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sha, let's exchange handphones! :p hope ur problem will be solved soon!

Sean Lon said...

lol!
Maybe it's time 2 get a new 1..haha