Thursday, October 9, 2008

Whimble

Whimble is a word created by my friends and I a few years back.

Whimble is the act of whispering and mumbling all in one go.
When someone whimbles, your brain and ears have to work extra hard to understand what the person says.

Many of us are guilty of whimbling at some point or other.
Examples of situations when one may be caught whimbling:
1.When answering (oral) exam questions that we don't actually know the answer to.
2.Confessing guilt

Some people whimble more often than others.
Von Yen tends to slip into whimbling mode every now and then (although in her case, it never happens during exams cos she knows all the answers).
It was because of her that the word was created.
Thus, I think it is appropriate that I dedicate this entry to her.
Von Yen, I miss your whimbling.

p/s don't scold me for writing this post.

For those of you who don't know who Von Yen is would like to know what whimbling sounds like, listen (and watch) to this interview of David and Victoria Beckham. Although he doesn't talk much, whenever he says something, he whimbles. It's the best example I could think of. Enjoy!

2 comments:

CK said...

what a cute word, whimble..
i know who whimbles alot..
mr quek :)

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Sounds like Quek LOL