Saturday, February 21, 2009

Useless News

Ever since I started working, I have not been following the Malaysian news.
I didn't know about the cave collapsing in Ipoh until about a week after it happened.
I didn't know the economy was getting worse until about a month after people started getting retrenched.
The only reason I knew about BN taking over the Perak state government was because I happened to be examining a patient in a room where the TV was on and the news was aired at that time.

Now, even with the internet, I don't feel like reading the newspaper because it is so full of shit useless stuff.

The day I choose to read the newspaper, there were a few articles about the new Perak MB (I have no idea who it is) who is having some problems with the Speaker or something like that - didn't really bother reading about it.

And then there is the whole issue with Elizabeth Wong. How many times have we seen things like this. Someone having a successful career and all of a sudden some video or nude pictures of them comes out and they have to resign or leave the country or hide. Come on la..let people have their privacy. What is it with us Malaysians? Why are we SO concerned about what people do behind closed doors? If A has sex with B, how is it going to affect your life? How is it going to affect their capability to do their job? It's not like they cheated someone or killed someone.

I think it's time we moved on. The only reason why this kind of pictures and videos keep coming up is because some people choose to make a big deal out of it. So what if she has sex? If you ask me, we should punish the asshole person who took the picture and spread it around. Why is it that we never do that? Why do we allow people like that to get away with it?

So, tell me, is it worth reading the papers when all I read are petty things like this? I might as well sleep or read story books or reply messages in facebook.

p/s if you ask me, Elizabeth Wong SHOULD NOT be allowed to resign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi mole...
Jus happen to read tis as i was cheking my mails...
I agree totaly to watever u say...ppl have soo much of work to do...yet bizi poking their nose into sumbody elsez story...stupid donkeys...working very close to sum actualy...image if i were to be a celebrity...i may have to leave the country by now i guess...anyway u take care...see ya soon