Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My New Celcom Broadband

Finally.
FINALLY, I have my internet.
It's about time, don't you think?
It took me more than 2 months to do it - I was supposed to do it by 2 days.

My original plan was to get the Maxis ZTE modem. However, when I went to Maxis last Friday, they said that the ZTE modem cannot be used in Ipoh (although I have used it before) and that they don't have the modem in stock. They also didn't have the broadband modem in stock and said that it would be available only on Monday. Since they open only during office hours, and I am working during office hours, it would be almost impossible for me to go get it.

Then, I went to Celcom (both the shops were close by). They had the broadband modem in stock, but then it was quite expensive. It was decision making time. I didn't want to keep on postponing and postponing - I miss the internet too much!!

Maxis modem is cheaper (forgot how much the price really is, but think it's about 100+), but then the monthly fee is about RM118 or RM138. Celcom modem is RM400 but monthly fee is RM68 or RM98. After thinking and thinking (and since I won't be able to get the Maxis modem immediately), it seemed more logical to take the Celcom modem - in the long run, it would be cheaper.

That is how I ended up with a Celcom modem.
However, unfortunately, I couldn't use the modem until today 'cos they needed time to be activated (at least that is what they claim) and I was oncall yesterday and so couldn't use it yesterday.

I am happy that I now have access to the net.
It was rather sad though - handing over RM500 to the Celcom lady. But then, it's not like I have a choice, right? I mean, it's the internet..I NEED IT!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you.. but hope u will not regret, as regret as me... I'm looking forward for a better solution over my not so convenient Celcom Broadband... Always show GPRS line, which is the worst line available...

Sharini said...

i can get poor 3G signal..which is kind of ok..but then to get this signal I have to sit on my bed and go online...in my hall can only get gprs...super slow!

Anonymous said...

i hate celcom 3g.... it disconnect more than i connect it to the net...