Wednesday, November 25, 2009

She's Married!

A good friend of mine got married last weekend.
She was my group-mate from Russia, and I had been planning to go for her wedding ever since I heard about it.

There are a few reasons I wanted to go for the wedding.
1. She is my friend, and she is getting married (duh!)
2. I had leave that I could spare.
3. I knew that if I went for the wedding, I would be meeting my other friends as well.

And I did all 3!

Not all of my friends were there, some were tagging and some couldn't take leave. But I had friends who came all the way from JB and Kedah for the wedding!

I think all of us had a good time just chatting and catching up. We were one of the few who sat at the table even after finishing eating.

I didn't realize up to then how comfortable I felt with these people, friends I 'acquired' in Russia.

They are people I had lived with for 6 years.
They have seen me in my pajamas (which is basically what I wear in my room whether sleeping or not).
They probably have seen me asleep.
They have seen me sick.
(Of course they have seen me awake and healthy as well)

We have gone for classes together.
Gone for picnics together.
Made fun of lecturers together.
Celebrated birthdays together.
Cooked and eaten together.
We have even ponteng classes together!

These were the people I saw everyday, day in, day out for 10 months in a year.
We may not have been the closest of friends, but we were more than just friends. Something more or less like family.

And now, we work in different hospitals in Malaysia.
It's been more than a year since I've seen them.
And yet, I still feel close to them.
Still feel that I can talk to them freely.
I don't know how to explain how I felt that day, how I feel today.
I miss them, that much I know.

1 comment:

Ken Wooi said...

those were the days..
wonderful memories =)

kenwooi.com