Monday, November 30, 2009

Cinema, Cinema, Cinema

I had no idea that 2012 is SO popular until I tried getting tickets for it.

I tried on the 21st...no luck.

I tried on the 22nd...no tickets available.

Frustrated, we decided to go for Christmas Carol instead.
I was really looking forward to the movie because of Jim Carrey..but in the end, came out from the movie rather disappointed.
You would already know how the story ends right from the beginning of the movie!

Back to 2012 - I thought, that after about 3 weeks, the tickets would be a little bit easier to get.

I thought wrong.

Last Saturday, I went to get tickets at 12pm, and the only tickets available was at 12.30am, that too, the front 2 rows.
Since Rajiv and KR were already in Ipoh, we decided to just get the 2nd row seats and go for the movie.
(Best part, I was oncall on Sunday.)

I have to admit - the special effects was cool. They must have really worked hard to get it to be the way it is.
But then, the story is kind of predictable. Someone realized that the end of the world was near. Plans were made to ensure the continuity of the species. Disaster struck. Plan worked.

Someone at the cinema commented that they could have just bought a CD and watched it at home. I don't agree. Movies with special effects like this should be watched in a cinema. Only then it will be properly appreciated.

My next movie on my list-of-movies-I-want-to-watch is The Princess and The Frog. Waiting for it to be released. Hope the tickets won't be as hard to get as 2012 (I still don't get what the big fuss is about).

No comments: