Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy New Year

2nd day of tagging.

Yesterday I didn't feel that bad, but today I am tired.
My head aches.
It will be worse tomorrow, I am quite sure about that.

3 days to go.
I will make it.
I just hope I don't have to be oncall this weekend.
I really, really don't want my first call to be on a weekend.
However, I think my wish won't come true.
It's just a gut feeling.

Anyway, today is New Year for Tamilians and Malayalees (I am not very sure about Vishu- Malayalee New Year, some say it was yesterday, some say it's today. Doesn't really make a difference to me though, although I am a Malayalee.)
* for those who don't know, there are many types of Indians - Tamilians, Malayalees, Telugus, Brahmins, Ceylonese, Hindi, Punjabi, etc. All have different languages, different writings, different traditions, different celebrations.

Today morning, after passover, my HOD wished us all Happy New Year. I was waiting for him to tell that Indians can go back a little earlier today, but that wish didn't come true.
He did tell something interesting though - he said, the Tamil language is one of the 10 languages that is spoken by more than 10million people worldwide.

Well, it is not that surprising, really.
Indians and Chinese infest the world!
I have been to a few European countries for holidays when I was studying.
You can find Indians in all countries!
They are everywhere!!!!
If even 1/4 of these Indians speak Tamil, then that would already be a big number!!

I can't write more.
I have to go back to the hospital.
Hopefully there aren't that many admissions.
I have so many questions to ask the senior houseman.
:P

No comments: