Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's A Small World

Just the other day, a friend of mine suddenly told me - 'Hey, you know something, we are related!'

One thing about Indians (I don't know about Malays and Chinese and everyone else so I won't comment on them) but Indians, when they know you are from A, they will ask you do you know so-and-so who is also from A?

I don't know how many times people have asked me whether or not I know this person (or that person) who also studied in Russia.
Most of the time, my answer is no, because I am an anti-social person.
Plus, there are at least 5 universities that Malaysians go to, and there are at least about 500 Malaysian students in each university (no, I am NOT exaggerating).

Anyway, this girl (SG) she went for a wedding and met her cousin's wife (AF) there.
The wife then asked her whether or not she know Sharini (since SG said she is working in Ipoh).
SG said yes, 'cos we were together in Paeds.
And then, AF told her that I am her cousin.
See how the connection goes?
So, basically, me an SG - we are distantly related.

This just goes on to show how small the world really is!
(I am sure you would have had similar episodes too!)
I may be related to you, for all you know (you can be an Indian, Chinese or Kadazan - I have them all in my family tree).

Today, I end my post with a song-lyric, a song that I've liked since childhood (but never know the lyrics to). I am sure you know how the tune is, so just sing it once through..couldn't find a nice youtube video to put up with this post.


It's a world of laughter,
A world of tears.
It's a world of hopes,
And a world of fears.
There's so much that we share,
That it's time we're aware,
It's a small world after all.

Chorus:
It's a small world after all.
It's a small world after all.
It's a small world after all.
It's a small, small world.

There is just one moon,
And one golden sun.
And a smile means,
Friendship to every one.
Though the mountains divide,
And the oceans are wide,
It's a small world after all.

Chorus:
It's a small world after all.
It's a small world after all.
It's a small world after all.
It's a small, small world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

common experience but never take serious bout that...cuz its fact world is small..so why need to complain

Sharini said...

who's complaining?