Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ipoh or Seremban Hospital

I got my posting letter today.

I have been posted to Ipoh Hospital - my 3rd choice.

At first I was kind of disappointed for not getting my 1st choice (Seremban Hospital), but after a few minutes, Ipoh Hospital didn't sound that bad after all. Many of my friends are there, I have an Aunty and Uncle there, it is not really THAT far away from Seremban, and I get to live by myself for the first time in my life!

On the other hand, I won't get to meet my family that often, I will have to clean up my room by myself, will have to do my own laundry and don't get to eat Mum's food as often as I like.

My parents said that I should try appealing for Seremban Hospital, so that is what I am going to do. I am going to appeal, and wait till next week Friday to know whether my appeal would be granted or not. I know many of my induction-mates here are also appealing for a change in posting.

Actually, right now, I don't mind either hospitals, so I will just leave it up to Fate (it's not like I can do anything about it anyway). I am not going to hope, I am not going to wish. I am just going to ignore it and see what happens.

The only not-so-nice thing about the posting is that I will have to start work on the 5th of December and my induction+BTN ends on the 4th. If I actually get Seremban Hospital, then it is not that big of a problem. But if I get Ipoh, I will have to decide whether to go back to Seremban and then travels back to Ipoh again or whether I should just go straight to Ipoh from Kuala Kangsar (where my BTN will be) and spend the night there before reporting for work the next morning. If I do the latter, then my parents would have to bring my stuff to Ipoh and I have no idea when I would get to go back to Seremban next. That is something I did not expect when I left my house last Saturday.

I don't want to think too much into it for now. I guess things will turn out the way they are meant to be. I'll just wait and see.
______________________________________________________

As mentioned in my previous post, here are some photos of the place I am staying in for now - EDC, Sintok.

My room :


The hall where we had our introduction session.



I know, I know. It's not that many pictures, but honestly, there are not many pictures to take when listening to lectures. :P

No comments: