Friday, November 14, 2008

Madagascar 2

I've always enjoyed watching cartoon-movies. Among the movies I've enjoyed (even after watching a few times) are The Lion King, Shrek and The Emperor's New Groove. Guess what all this movies have in common? They are FUNNY!! Movies are meant to be fun; one should leave the cinema feeling happy, so, a happy ending movie is always a plus point. For my Mom, if a movie has a sad ending, then it is a horrible movie, no matter how good a storyline it has. I don't mind watching a nice, sad story, as long as I'm not paying to watch it.

Anyway, Madagascar 2 was a nice, feel good movie. It was funny and I really enjoyed myself. At first I couldn't really catch what was going on; but with some help from Rajiv, I managed to figure the story out. It starts with a flashback of 'Alex the Lion' (when he was young), then how he got to the zoo, then a brief summary of what happened in Madagascar (1) and then it got to the real storyline. I didn't watch Madagascar (1) so I don't really know what happened in that movie, but then it's not really a prerequirement to watch this movie.

There are some really funny scenes in the movie. I particularly enjoyed the scene of the plane taking off and the scenes with the old lady in them. The scenes with the penguins are really funny too. The dialogues are good too (although I prefer the dialogues in Shrek). One question Rajiv asked that has no answer - how come the lions don't eat the other animals? How do they survive?

I don't want to spoil the movie for those who haven't watched it yet. In short, it's a good movie. Go have fun!

No comments: