Saturday, June 27, 2009

27.06.08 - Peterhoff

This is going to be a post with few words and lots of pictures.

It was the 17th of June, 2008 - we went to the Peterhoff Palace, in St. Petersburg.
Technically, it is not 'in' St. Petersburg, it is at the outskirts of it.

The Peterhoff has 2 sections - the Palace and the Garden.
You can visit both the Palace and the Garden, but I chose to take my parents to the garden only because :
1. The garden is well known for its beautiful fountains
2. There would be insufficient time to visit both the Palace and the Garden (yes, it is HUGE!)
3. I assume the palace would be full of arts and paintings and I don't think my parents would have enjoyed it that much.
4. We can go to palaces in other places.

Here are the shots we took during that day, in the Peterhoff Gardens.
As I mentioned earlier, the garden is famous for its many fountains - each one different from one another.
I have no idea how many fountains there are.
We tried to cover as much of the garden as we could.
I don't think we saw all the fountains - but here are those that we did see.

(the pictures are not in order. This is my 2nd blog entry for today (preparing for tomorrow 'cos am oncall), so am too lazy to rearrange the photos).






The place is quite chilly because it is right next to the sea


This is actually the MAIN FOUNTAIN. Don't have a good enough camera to capture a beautiful shot of it - but trust me, when you see it for yourself, you WILL BE captivated.
(that's the palace at the background)

Looks like a place out of the movies, don't you think?




It was lunch time, Mom was exhausted!

One of the many walking paths

Cute Russian girl in a traditional Russian dress

(this is the only photo I repositioned - it was the last photo we took)
See how happy Mom was because we could go back - they were both tired out!

There are more fountain photos - had some uploading problem. Haih..

1 comment:

Lee said...

Hi,
I am visiting from ArticlePinger.com. A lot of nice photos here. :)