Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Year Ago, Today

I was just thinking earlier on - what life was like a year ago.

So, I opened the My Pictures folder in my laptop, and guess what - a year ago today, my parents came to Russia!

I totally forgot that my graduation was on the 24th of June 2008.

So, for the next 10 days or so, I will be uploading pictures that I should have uploaded a year ago - pictures of me and my parents (and Puspha) on our holidays.

(I have quite a few calls coming up, will try to upload the pictures earlier- let's see how it goes.)

Jan and I went to the market a day earlier and got these fruits

This is what Jan did with all the fruits we bought!
(it was SO YUMMY!!

My parents enjoying the food I cooked (Jan and Push helped too!)
(notice, Mom already comfortable in her caftan, as she calls them, while Dad still wearing slacks)

Mom and Dad wondering how to down the desserts - there were fruits, apple pie and chocolate cake (prepared by Shilpa)

Mom gave up!
Dad decided to have a taste of Russian beer.

Mom and Dad were tired that day, after the long flight to Moscow - so, I let them sleep early - after all, the next day was going to be a looong day....

Today, I learnt that a Jefferson's fracture is the fracture of C1 vertebra.
Although it is a serious injury (as are all vertebra injuries as far as I am concerned), it can be managed conservatively using a cervical collar. Surgery is only indicated if the fracture is unstable.

No comments: