Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Graduation Day

It was the day of my graduation.
It started out as anyone else's graduation would start.

Wake up.

Get ready.

Get to hall.

Take pictures.

Listen to boring speeches.

Take certificate.

Take more pictures.

Hang around waiting for time to past.

Only after that did the fun start.

I took my parents for a ballet!
Russia is quite famous for its ballets, and I thought that since they are already there, they should got for one, at least.

I managed to get them tickets for the Bolshoi (although not the original Bolshoi because it was undergoing some renovation).
We went for Giselle (I think that is how it is spelt).

My parents really enjoyed the show, I think.
They liked the beautiful hall and the beautiful costumes and dance and everything.
Some pictures taken on that day:


that was our graduation hall (at the back)

I just love this picture of us, for some reason!

Officially no more a student

At the Bolshoi entrance

Going up to the hall

(not allowed to take picture in the hall itself)
After the show, took parents home in a cab - the night view of Moscow was superb!!

Today, I learnt that there are names for different generations of people.

The silent generation -
refers to the generation coming of age around 1951, born during the Great Depression or World War II. It defined the generation at the time as born from 1923 to 1943, found its characteristics as grave and fatalistic, conventional, possessing confused morals, expecting disappointment but desiring faith, and for women, desiring both a career and a family.

The baby boom generation - portrays a generation born during the middle part of the 20th century

Generation X - commonly abbreviated to Gen X, is a term used to refer to a generational cohort of children born after the baby boom ended and usually prior to the 1980s.

Generation Y - also known as The Millennial Generation, is a term used to describe the demographic cohort following Generation X. Its members are often referred to as "Millennials" or 'Echo Boomers') . There are no precise dates for when Gen Y begins and ends. Most commentators use dates from the early 1980s to early 1990s.

OK, fine, I know, all these is not interesting. But there was another thing that I received in the mail which was quite interesting- why do we call generation Y 'Generation Y'?

No comments: