Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jalan-Jalan In Moscow

(Pictures were taken on the 25th of June 2008)

Day 2 in Moscow.

Actually it was the only day that my parents really spent going around Moscow.

After lots of thinking (when planning for the vacation), I decided that the main place that my parents HAVE to see in Moscow is the Red Square and the Kremlin - the rest of the attractions are museums and museums and parks.

I had already planned to take them to parks elsewhere (during our 2-week-trip), so I omitted parks in Moscow.

(Jan joined us on this day - she even "parent-sat" when I had to leave them to go to the Dekanat for some stupid certificate related stuff.)

Lenin's Library (some sort of National Library)
(my friends and I registered as members of this library, but for some weird reason, the library had so many rules regarding borrowing books from them and we gave up!)

The entrance into the Kremlin


Parents taking a short break on the pretext of taking pictures with the flowers
one of the seven (?) churches inside the Kremlin

giant bell (wasn't here at this time, was busy running to and from the Dekanat)

more flowers

notice Mom already feeling tired

Yes, they really loved the flowers

Me and Jan
p/s thanks Jan for that day!

The National Historical Museum


My most favourite building - the St. Basil's Cathedral!!
(*sigh* miss those sandals - the most comfortable sandals I have ever owned!)

Recently, I learnt why 'urut-ing' might not be such a good idea (not so say I ever supported it in the first place).

A patient came to the hospital.
History of fall dunno how long ago - fell on left hand - no fracture, no dislocation, no problem.
Fell again, on the same hand - no fracture, no dislocation, some swelling, some pain.
Patient was told not to worry, just some soft tissue injury, it will get better soon.
Patient in pain, did what I presume many Malaysians would do - went for 'urut' (massage).
More swelling, more pain.
Came back to the hospital.
X-ray taken - dislocation of the elbow.
CMR tried at least twice - failed.
Had to go in for surgery.
Lesson learnt?

No comments: