Thursday, January 29, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I am back home!
Finally, after almost 2 months, I am back home!

I am kind of happy - mainly because I don't have to go to work tomorrow and can sleep in.
It's been such a long time since I woke up without an alarm.
Unfortunately, I still have to use an alarm tomorrow because I have some things that I have to get done early tomorrow. But then, at least I don't have to wake up at 6.15am.

I have been in PICU (Pediatric ICU) for the past 2 days. I will be there for the whole of next week. There are not that many patients there and there are a few MOs around, so our (HOs) job is a little less, but then it is a bit boring at times because we just don't know what to do. But then again maybe that's just because the ward is a little empty for now. God knows what it would be like next week.

I don't get it sometimes. There are times when the ward is extremely full with patients overflowing into other wards, and there are times that the ward is extremely empty that we keep patients for one more day just for observation. So, does this mean the ward is too small or too big? Do we need another ward or is what we have sufficient?

I don't seem able to think properly for now - kind of sleepy already..hopefully I will have something less crappy to write tomorrow.

Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy urself...have a goodwikend..