Saturday, January 24, 2009

My First Leave Application

I am EXCITED!
I have 2 reasons to be excited.

One is a secret.

The other one is ‘cos my cousin brother is getting married!

Why am I excited?
‘Cos the last family wedding I attended was more than 2 years ago.

I have attended a couple of weddings since I graduated, but then family weddings are different from non-family weddings.

I have applied for my leave, and most probably it will be approved since I have not heard anything about it not being approved yet. (As you can see from the title of this post, this is the first time I am applying for leave)

The wedding and the dinner will be held on the same day, and I am planning to tie sarees for both the function and of course I can’t tie the same saree twice. I have already decided which sarees to wear (I have at least 4 new sarees never worn before); all I need to do is sew the blouses.

You know what’s exciting about family weddings?
- You know quite a number of people who are there.
- You get to catch up with family members whom you have not met for a long time.
- You get a reason to dress up.
- You have a few people to join you in commenting about another person’s attire.
- You can take as many sweets or door gifts as you want ‘cos the person giving them away is your relative anyway.
- You know there will be non-vegetarian food being served.
- You know what the bride/groom look like in real life (without makeup).

Can’t think of anymore reasons.
It’s late, maybe that’s why.
I’m on call tomorrow. I pray for no admissions and an uneventful night.
Friday, I finish work at 1.
I have applied for the weekend off (I am entitled to 1 weekend off per month).
Looking forward to the loooong weekend.

07.01.09

No comments: