Friday, May 30, 2008

Some Random Stuff

I have been waiting for the invitation letter for my parents to be ready for quite some time now. The first dateline given was end of April, then it was 'come next week', 'come on Thursday' and in the end 'come at the end of May'. Yesterday (Thursday), most of my friends were able to collect their invitation letters. I did not get mine.

Olga (the @#!& responsible for the letters) said that all the letters will be ready by noon today (Friday). After living in Russia for 6 years, I know better than to believe her. I can only be sure when the letters are in my hands. If they are not ready tomorrow, I don't know what to do anymore. Should I wait till next week? Should I just do the visa through an agent in Malaysia although it is expensive (without invitation letter)? I don't know. I feel like I am waiting for an exam result to be out. I am nervous. I hope tomorrow brings good news.

________________________________________________________________

Another worry of mine (and also all the other 6th year students here) is how to bring back all my stuff. 6 years is long enough to collects loads and loads of junk. It's not just the things we buy here, but also those that we bring from Malaysia when we go back for holidays. Each year, we go back home with empty bags and come back to Russia with bags over the 30kg weight limit filled with food stuff and clothes and the occasional text book. Food stuff finishes, no problem there. Textbook, we tried our best to sell during the garage sale. So, now, we are left with the clothes, lots of them.

I have lots of clothes that I don't wear anymore. I even have clothes that I have never worn, and may never wear. But then, to throw away clothes that can still be worn is such a waste. Thankfully, a donation to the orphanage is being organized and we can donate whatever clothes that we want. I knew about the donation a long time back, but I never got around to sorting out my clothes. Yesterday, a notice was posted up saying that the donation is going to take place today. So, last night, I went through all the contents of my cupboard (which is small but messy) and tried my best to weed out whatever clothes that I no longer wear. Some clothes I could not bring myself to donate, so I just kept them, although the chances that I will ever wear them is very slim. Anyway, I managed to collect to Ashan bags of clothes to donate later today. Now my cupboard is less messy, but I doubt it will stay that way for very long, I always manage to mess it up somehow.


*the bag on your right contains only my winter jacket. One winter jacket. I bought it in my first year, and that was the only year that I wore it. It is super warm, super soft, super heavy and super bulky. I have another winter jacket which I am also going to donate, but that one is smaller. I still have that jacket and my winter boots to pack, which means that by today evening, I will have 3 bags of stuff to donate.


*a picture of me wearing my 'super' winter jacket. See how excited we were to see snow in our first year.

It is 3.15am now. I really hope the day goes on well; in other words, I get the invitation letters. Fingers crossed!


No comments: