Monday, May 19, 2008

Kahov's Garage Sale

Today, there was a so-called garage sale in Kahovs. I don't know who organized it, but it was a welcomed thing because we really want to sell our stuff, but don't know to whom and how. It was meant mainly for the 6th years (to do the selling), but even some of the 5th years decided to take the chance and sell their stuff as well.

The poster was up quite a while back, but being the last-minute-person that I am, it wasn't until yesterday that I snapped the pictures of the things I wanted to sell and did the price list. I wasn't the only last minute one though, there were many others who were doing the same. I was planning to sell one of my jackets (which I almost never used), some books and some containers/boxes.

I think everyone was rather looking forward to today. The sale was supposed to be from 3-6pm, and we expected quite a number of juniors to be here, especially the 1st and 2nd years because they are the ones who will most probably be moving in to our hostel. I, personally, was looking forward to selling off some of my stuff..especially my jacket and my surgery text book (the heaviest one).

Unfortunately, the crowd never came. I don't know what the condition was like on the 2nd floor, but up on the 4th floor, business was slow. I only managed to sell off 1 book, and it wasn't even my surgery book!! (However, I heard that someone wants to buy it, hope it's true!). I know some managed to sell off a few books, but I don't know how the overall sales really went; I'm quite sure they expected it to be better though. I was kind of busy today with a project that I'm supposed to submit tomorrow (although, it's a group thingy, so Von Yen did most of the work), so I didn't go downstairs to see how the sales was for others.

The thing is, I heard that the juniors are having tests this week, which may be why they did not come over to our hostel. Most of the one's who did the buying were juniors from my hostel. Well, at least I managed to sell off 1 book, that's something, right? Surprisingly, I did feel a bit heavy hearted when it was sold, never knew I was attached to it. I know the same would not happen if it was my surgery textbook 'cos that is 1 book I really want to get rid off. 5kgs, can you imagine carrying that all the way back when there are soooo many other things to carry?

The garage sale is over. Unfortunately, I still have my jacket and most of my books and my boxes. I now have a few choices- donate to an orphanage (which is what I'm going to do with my clothes), bring it back home or just leave it in the room. Hmm..there's still time..guess will just wait and see..anyway, my Pull and Bear winter jacket is still for sale if anyone is interested...only 300 rubles.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

u owed me 1 meal. when u goin to cook??:P:P

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Haaa.. want people to cook for you until can bug them through blogs LOL